Friday, February 6, 2009

Goodies!! Thank you!

As I exited the elevator my eyes glanced towards my mailbox... and what did I see?? A green card! Yes, the wondrous little post-card that lets me know there's a box waiting for me at the post office. =) Inside were some delightful goodies that have "share me" written all over them. ;)

Two "totally American" things I'm most often asked the recipes for are: Rice Crispy treats and chocolate chip cookies. And since we can't get marshmallows nor real chocolate chips here I'm really excited to share these items AND the recipe cards that were so sweetly included! Also the Starbursts will be shared soon as well. Books are always a blessing too. I love to read and it's hard to track down good titles locally. I'm looking forward to reading both of these and then passing them around as well. The last care package I had included A Thousand Splendid Suns which was fabulous and has since made the rounds to about 5 other people!

Being the recipient of a care package is always special and such a treat. The name "care package" says it all. That someone thought of you, put in fun things that they thought you would like (or in the case of my friends, things that harken to cherished shared memories or inside jokes) and pack it all up and send to you with love. I can't begin to express what a blessing it is to us workers living overseas to have a little bit of "home" sent every once in a while.

The same goes for "I'm thinking of you" cards and/or letters. It can be lonely at times here and those letters, cards and/or packages are a special reminder that we're loved and an encouragement to keep on keeping on. Infact, I have an "encouragement" scrapbook where I keep all those cards and letters... and pull out to read through on those days I'm needing a bit of encouragement... or even in times of thanksfulness and joy...

To all those who have sent letters, cards and packages over the years.... my deepest and heartfelt THANK YOU! May the blessing return to you 100-fold. :)

0 comments: