Saturday, February 27, 2010

Taxi Conversation #1: Spring is like a woman

This morning the air was filled with the sweet musky fragrance that only a Spring rain can bring... the rain had past and it was now sunny with a mix a puffy and ominous clouds filling the sky as I hopped into a cab to head to various destinations... After the usual conversational pleasantries I commented on how spring-like the day was.... it began with beautiful warm sun, then clouded over, becoming dark and ominous as a downpour was unleashed, only to clear up a little when a strong wind blew through....

His comment? "Ah, yes! Spring. Just like a woman, always changing her mood and completely unpredictable! Spring is the time of the woman!"

It took me a moment to grasp that he was really saying what I thought he was saying... and then busted out in laughter, to which he joined me, quite pleased that an American woman got his joke and enjoyed it. lol.

2 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I would love to see some Spring around here. We are way too predictable right now. Snow, snow, snow.

A good sense of humor can get you through most things.

Lv2Hike said...

Sorry to hear you're inundated with snow... Frankly I'm glad to have it gone for a while, so I can sympathize. Too true about a sense of humor... funny thing is that living overseas for so long now I've developed a rather... twisted sense of humor.. lol. Hey, thanks for so faithfully checking out my blog and commenting. :)Cheers to you, have a lovely weekend.