Monday, December 22, 2008

Flurry of Christmas Preparations


This is my living room right now. My assemble-by-numbers tree is up and decorated as is my apartment. All the other "clutter" though is from preparations for the Christmas Eve service.

The garland on the coffee table will be dressed up with the ribbons and/or pearly garland (hanging on chair) for the Advent candles. For the Advent table I was thinking of using that green/white poinsettia table cloth, but not sure if it will blend or clash... Oh, yes, speaking of poinsettias, we can finally get them here and so thought it would be a nice, simple and cheery Christmas decoration. =)

In the yellow bag is about 10 meters of garland that will hang on one of the crossbars in the school gym. The stack of ribbon on the coffee table and pearly garland will also be used to beautify that garland.... only I'm not so good at those kinds of decorations, which is why I'm glad there are others who offered to help decorate! =) Then there is the question of whether to assemble first and then hang it.... or arrive with all the pieces and assemble it there just hours before the program... oh, yes, and in between practices?

Speaking of practice.... the music on the keyboard is calling me to practice.... no, I don't play for services (yet...) though I did use this keyboard to work out the guitar notes referenced in "Late Nights & Key Signatures." Actually, I'm using the keyboard right now to help me with the vocal warm up, scales, etc. Especially needed for songs like "O Holy Night" which we did yesterday... oui... I don't like sounding operatic, but that's the only way I could hit that high note! Good thing there's only a balcony above me otherwise I think I'd drive my neighbors crazy with practices. "La la la LA LA la la...."

Thank you for your prayers for the Christmas Eve service, which will be at 9AM California time. =)

2 comments:

Kapil Goel said...

Hi Carolyn,

Nice blog...

Happy Christmas...

god bless u..
------------------------

Nikhil Arora:
http://www.nikhilkumararora.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

I love your living room! Looks very cozy!