Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Скопје

While walking through the center yesterday, after having lunch on the Kej (along the river) with some colleagues and out of town guests, I caught sight of this sign. Sure, the center square is all a mess as the city is in the middle of a transformation with new buildings and statues going up all over. YET... as I came across this sign I thought to myself, "I do love this city," this place that has been home to me for several years now. Everywhere I go carries with it some cherished memory of the time spent here and the people I've spent that time with. I've not blogged much lately, but that sign got me to thinking: perhaps it would be fun over the next few posts to share with you just a few of the things I love about the people, place and culture here.... because, like the sign says, "I love Skopje."

Yep! I must admit that I do! =)

1 comments:

Mya said...

I for one look forward to your forth coming posts about Skopje. It should be interesting, because you have been there for awhile.

When you can not go yourself, arm chair traveling is great.

Because I like the look of old buildings and charm, selfishly I hope the new construction is not all modern. Of course I do not know if they enough of the old to build around.