Monday, July 12, 2010

Unexpected Visitor

Sunday at church as I was listening to the message on work ethic out of Titus a slight movement distracted me. At first I thought perhaps it was a cockroach (as it's the season and they seem to be invading everywhere), but once my eyes focused to the far corner of the gym I saw that it was a lizard slowly making it's way from behind the speakers and towards the front row of seats. When it reached the bright orange extension cord it paused for quite a while and I imagined it contemplating the words it was hearing.

Well, by now several people were distracted with really odd looks on their faces... so odd that the speaker was wondering if it was their message! Nope... we were just all waiting to see where this guy would go and if it would catch a few people by surprise that they let our a shriek. That didn't happen, thank goodness. After a few minutes the guy set out on his way again, but not before a friend got this picture to document the event. ;)

3 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Even the Geico lizard has to stay in shape. What's the fuss?

Mya said...

Your little friend was just a little early for St. Francis' feast day.
Be interested to hear about any pidgeon progress.

Lv2Hike said...

What's St Francis Feast day? No new news on the pigeon's... I've not destroyed the nest yet... I'm getting audited next week so they have another week to decide. lol.

Sir Nottaguy... I don't understand the "in shape" comment? The fusss was the lizard potentially running in front of the pulpit on Sunday or under the feet of some chillins. :)