Thursday, November 27, 2008

Just a few things I'm thankful for....


The last pie for tomorrows Thanksgiving meal with colleagues is in the oven and I thought it would be nice to take a moment and express some things for which I am thankful on this special day:
  • The Lord's provision in every way
  • For the love and support of my family even though they may not always get what I'm doing
  • Delightful conversations with nephews thanks to Skype.... gosh they're growing in to such fine young men
  • Dear friends who are content with the reality of limited connectedness when I'm overseas, accept that our time together is brief while I'm in the US and who support and pray for me through it all.
  • Colleagues who've become dear friends and family away from family
  • That I get to live in a fascinating place, do what I love and be apart of something much bigger than I.... and getting to see and hear the resulting stories...
  • For new colleagues
  • For new friends locally and from many different countries
  • For laughter, lots of laughter
  • For girl's days out and trips to our favorite hair stylist
  • For snowflakes and fireflies
  • For the "girl Friday" without whom I don't know how any of us would make it through the visa process... she's amazing
  • For the support and encouragement of those back in the US
  • For city heat and radiators that dry the clothes in winter
  • For the simple and wonderful Christmas card carrying a greeting and prayer already received in the mail
  • Language and cultural coaches/teachers who are so patient
  • For the many lovely life conversations in these past few months
  • For those who've spoken into my life over the years, encouraging me or challenging me to grow.
  • For sweet friends who loan me pie pans so I can make the pies in the picture for our team Thanksgiving dinner. :)

Funny how what I thought would be a short list has become much longer... frankly I could keep going. :) It's a good perspective check for me, though, to really reflect upon the Lord's blessings and to give Him thanks for everything. A good exercise for each day, I think.

Happy Thanksgiving.

0 comments: