Friday, August 1, 2008

Car Trouble & Helpful Neighbors

Yesterday when I got home I noticed this puddle underneath the gas tank of the mission vehicle. It was thinner than oil but thicker than deisel and smelled like a mix of the two. I'd done the GCF Walk to work yesterday and so it was parked in front of a neighbors market. When I asked the gal at the market if she noticed anything she said that it'd been leaking like that all day long.

As I mentioned before, I've been driving it a bit this week (until yesterday) and there was no leakage nor did I hit anything, so I have no idea what caused this. The upside is that it did prompt a very nice conversation with my market guy who was very courteous and helpful. As he was closing up last night he came over to the car to check it out for me. He urged me not to even try to drive it to the service place because it was опасно (dangerous) but that he'd help arrange for a пајак (or "spider" which is what they call the tow-trucks here) to get it to the shop first thing in the morning.

Thus, this morning I got to ride in a really big tow-truck to the car service place clear on the far side of town. I showed them this picture and then they called a taxi for me to get to the office (waaay too far for me to walk if I wanted to get any work done today... about 8 miles). Now at the office, I'm working away on the new budget-years forms while waiting for the shop to call and tell me the damage.

I am very thankful for my neighbors who I've gotten to know over the years and who were so helpful to me. I'm also thankful that this happened this week when it was easier to do something about it than last week when driving all over Albania. Please pray that this is only a minor thing and nothing major. Thanks so much!

*******
Aug 5th Update: Picked up the car today. They put a temporary patch on the holes in the fuel hose and have ordered a new one which will arrive after the summer holiday "godishen odmor." All-in-all it looks like it's a minor thing. Thank you for praying!

0 comments: