Monday, August 11, 2008

Recipe: Breakfast Bundt Cake

This weekend I made a type of bundt-cake that I first watched a Macedonian lady prepare for Alpha several years ago. She wrote the recipe on the back of an envelope for me and it's since become one of my favorites.

It's name, Куглов, refers to the pie pan (a bundt) more than it does to the type of cake. As this particular recipe includes breakfast items like ham and eggs, I've decided to give it the English name: Breakfast Bundt Cake. I like this recipe a lot because the cake can be cut into individual servings for breakfast-on-the-go. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Breakfast Bundt Cake

5 Eggs
15-20 T Flour
25g Ham, finely diced
25g Feta, finely chopped (use a plain, crumbly, cheese like Greek Feta but with low sodium)
3-4 Carrots, finely diced
1-1/4 T Baking powder
1 T Parsley

Mix eggs with blender until smooth. Add baking powder and mix well. Add the flour evenly and until the consistency is a bit thicker than cake-batter. Add ham, cheese, carrots and parsley. Blend well. Batter should be chunky and slightly sticky. Put into a lightly greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 292F. Remove and place on wire rack to cool. Enjoy!

*******

Carolyn's California-girl-who-misses-Mexican-food variation: Substitute salsa ingredients, cheese, cilantro and a bit of jalapeno for the ham, feta, carrots and parsley.

0 comments: